Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful for Hope!

I've been seeing a lot of talk on Facebook of 30 days of Thanksgiving.  Of course, the idea is to take time to think about those things you are most thankful for.  Our lives have been richly blessed this past year in health and in love, especially by our two little boys and the little girl who has rocked our world!

2Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
We sent off four special boxes of things for Hope's foster home, her caregivers, her "brothers" and "sisters" and for her for Christmas this week.  I know its early, but I didn't want anything to get in the way of them making it there on time.  I want our girl to have a wonderful Christmas, even though we're on the other side of the world and I know that she will :)  The "Everyone is Thankful for ME!" shirt was tucked in with the gifts because I just couldn't pass it up.  Its so true.  EVERYONE is thankful for Hope in our house and amongst all of our family and friends.  She is so very loved already.  What an incredible blessing to wrap our heads around this thanksgiving!

1Chronicles 16:34 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

1. I am thankful for the internet that allowed me that first glimpse of her sweet face (and many more to follow).
2.  I'm thankful for Hope's two more notable birthmarks on her face, sharing with me the insight that she, too, was a perfectly polk-a-dotted baby.
3.  I'm thankful for the Doshier family, who met Hope at her orphanage and followed the Lord's leading to get her the care that she would need and to name her with such a beautiful name.  I'm thankful for their willingness to not only advocate for Hope, but to financially sponsor her at her foster home.
4.  I'm thankful for Hope's birthmother, who chose life for our sweet girl.  Without her, we wouldn't have Hope in our lives...literally.
5.  I'm thankful for her foster home and the phenomenal care she is receiving while she waits for us.
6.  I'm thankful for my adoption as a child of God and the beautiful inheritance He has for me as a coheir with Jesus Christ, or should I say heiress :) (LOVE Beth Moore's the Inheritance...the Bible study I'm doing right now!)
7.  I'm thankful for the miracle of Hope's referral on September 27th, 2011.
8.  I'm thankful for a husband who has joined me in my passion for adoption.
9.  I'm thankful for the two little boys who pray for their sister and share in our excitement at the process of bringing their MeiMei (little sister) home.
10.  I'm thankful for the way God opened our eyes to the world of Congenital Melanocytic Nevi through the birth of Sully.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but its true.  I'm thankful for Sully's birth mark!  Thank you, Jesus for polk a dotted babies :)

4 comments:

Grippo said... [Reply to comment]

Okay, where did you get the shirt? We need one. This is lovely, by the way. Gratitude is a beautiful thing.

Beth Nagel said... [Reply to comment]

@The Grippo FamilyKohl's :) Sending love and happy thoughts of healing for Jia and a hug for her mom, too!

JulieM said... [Reply to comment]

So thankful for your sweet Hope and for being able to be on this journey with you to your sweet girl! She is just too precious for words! I remember anticipating the wait for Max last holiday season ... so hard and yet to be on this end sooooooo worth the wait! Praying for you your mommy heart as you wait to have your sweet girl in your arms. This will be her last Thanksgiving and Christmas without her forever family! Praise God for his goodness and faithfulness!

Valerie and Jeff said... [Reply to comment]

What a PERFECT shirt! And such a beautiful post. What a blessing that so much thankfulness flows from your family this season. Truly a blessing! And such a gift! God rocks again.
Hugs,
Valerie

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011