Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Not yet...

We've learned that Hope's dossier is not ready yet in China.  The agency is going to a check on her file about once a month so it looks like we'll have to wait until this time next month and check again.  Its not a big surprise and I'm not terribly disappointed, knowing that these things take time and God may have an entirely different plan in store for us.  We are going to continue to pray that her paperwork would move through seamlessly and so would ours so we can "meet in the middle!"

In the last week I've been so blessed by two ladies who have been showering  Hope and our entire family with prayer.  One of the women I became connected with online has actually been praying specifically for Hope for a long time and was longing to know if there was a family pursuing her.  Its quite the story and I'll have more to share about how God has used her and has brought us together.  I'm simply amazed at how BIG and how GOOD God is.

You may notice that some photos are no longer here on my blog of Hope.  If you'd like to see new photos of her, I will be sure to include links to the photos on her foster home's blog.  There is a fine line about how much information a foster home can share on the Internet and with those people praying for and pursuing adoption of the children they care for.  There are many guidelines and laws impacting Chinese adoption and we don't want to do anything that could compromise our adoption process.

Of course once we have officially received our referral and know who our daughter will be, pictures will be a MUST and once given the adoption agency stamp of approval we will post as many as we get :)

So we're still praying and waiting which we're learning is VERY typical to this adoption process.  I guess we better get used to it!

3 comments:

TanyaLea said... [Reply to comment]

Dear Beth ~ I've been periodically reading your blogs ever since you commented on a photo of Hope back in the spring. Then to my surprise, I got an email from my good friend Valerie who mentioned that she connected with you, as well. You know by now, that Valerie has a very soft spot in her heart for Hope and so it was totally a God-send that she connected with you. She is an amazing person and you will quickly find out how blessed you are to 'know' her! She has a heart of gold and love for the orphans and supports adoptive families like few I have seen before. She is just a genuine, tender-hearted woman of God and it's no secret that New Day is very near and dear to her, as well.

We adopted our daughter Khloe from New Day in May of 2010. We also sought out her file. This is not typical as is often frowned upon by the CCCWA, so we had to be pretty 'hush' about it during the process. Our agency was very strict, but said it was for our protection, as well as theirs. The moment I noticed you were interested in Hope and it seemed you wanted to pursue her file, I began praying for you. Then I only checked in periodically, until recently when Valerie contacted me and told me that she connected with you. So neat how God works, isn't it!!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that if you ever have any questions, feel free to contact me. I know some things have changed over the last year, so the process does work a little differently now, but it was such a blessing for me to connect with fellow adoptive parents... in particular, our extended New Day 'family' as we like to call them!! :) God has used this avenue of blogging to bring so many of us together, and it has been a true blessing in my life. I pray everything works out for you and that you are matched with Hope's file. The best thing that could happen at this point, is that Hope does NOT go on the shared list, but rather a Special Focus list. It's important that her SF list is with your agency though. So hopefully they are having their liaisons in China request specifically that Hope's file is assigned to them. I've even heard of families writing a direct letter to the home orphanage, letting them know of their desire to adopt a certain child. Often times the orphanage director will respond in favor of those letters and send a letter along with the child's papers requesting a specific family for that child. It just happened to a friend of mine ~ and I have NEVER heard of that happening before! The best thing you can do right now is to just keep plugging along and getting your dossier to China a quickly as possible so that you are logged in when her file reaches the CCCWA. Praying, praying and praying some more for that divine favor! I know EXACTLY where your heart is right now and how hard it is not to be anxious in this moment. Wishing you all the best!!

Sincerely,
Tanya Thom
thomclan(at)izoom(dot)net

Valerie and Jeff said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, I miss the photos of Hope already!
BUT I'm glad that you are being extra careful so that nothing will stand in the way for her adoption!!! That just makes me so excited for you guys ... and even though her paperwork is not ready yet, God is in charge and knows the perfect timing for it all to happen. I look forward to when I see those photos reappear and you are locked as a family! And as you said, hopefully your paperwork will meet hers in the middle and it will be perfect, making this waiting period such a small span of time that it is minute.
And man, Tanya says the sweetest things! (I'm blushing here reading her comment and wiping tears a little.) How can someone come in contact with an orphan and not have deep compassion for them? And ND? What a bright spot of sunshine in a big land of darkness--don't get me wrong, I LOVE so much of China. But ... without HOPE for eternity it is so very sad and hopeless.
I love Hope's perfect name by the way ... and how it weaves seamlessly through conversations with a double meaning to those who know your Hope ... well ... and your HOPE. ;-)
Hugs,--Valerie

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said... [Reply to comment]

I'm with Valerie-I miss the pics already. But I totally get it.
Ok, here are some prayers for smooth efficient paperwork on both ends.
blessings,
Nancy

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011