Saturday, July 9, 2011

I don't want to forget

We've spent the last few weeks sharing our exciting news with our family and friends.  To be honest, we've had mixed reactions.  Some are over-the-top excited for us as we embark on this process and others...  Well, some of their reactions resemble what you might expect when you announce that you're expecting your eighth child.  We have not wavered in our hearts desire to adopt regardless of all kinds of circumstances that seem to appear to the world as "cards stacked against us."  I know that God has called us to adoption without a shadow of a doubt.  I know it will not be an easy process.  I know that we are going to be stretching ourselves in every way imaginable to bring our daughter home and I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.  God is good and he's in complete control of even the smallest details.  We're just following in his footsteps, putting one foot in front of the other, and it feels really good :)

Because I don't want to forget one very special response to our adoption news...

and because he may not be around to meet our daughter...

and because it reflects who he is to very core...

I want to share my Grandpa Roling's reaction to our adoption news.  He has a huge heart and says exactly what's on his mind at all times these days.

After my mom took some time to really explain to my Grandpa Roling, who is very hard of hearing, about our plans to adopt a little girl he responded initially with, "Ohhhhh, what next?" and after taking a moment to ponder...he said, "Oh, she'll have a great home...and she'll be spoiled!"


 
Yes, Grandpa...we are biting off a lot at this time in our lives.  We might be crazy, but we certainly have enough love to share as we grow our family in this special way.  We simply know that there is a little girl that needs a family and we are absolutely up for the job :) Yes, we'll give our daughter a good home just as your mom raised your "adopted" siblings.  In fact I think you might understand this adoption thing better than most because you lived it growing up.  Yes, our daughter is sure to be spoiled.  I know I will be absolutely useless in preventing that from happening :)  I sure hope that you're able to meet your 14th great-grandchild.  I just know she'll bring a sparkle to your eyes.

1 comments:

Grippo said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Beth, what an amazing grandfather to have. And, yes, you will get good reactions AND unexpected ones AND rude ones. Full spectrum, and when you come home with her, you'll get some more! God gave you enough moxie and a winning smile to get you through the rude ones!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary - Affordable Custom Blog Design © 2011